Senior Account Associate
VMA is a 30-person public affairs/marcom firm with a reputation as a great place to work, grow and thrive—with room for advancement. We are seeking a Senior Associate who is creative, collaborative and has a strong work ethic to support communications programs for clients in a variety of industries, including education, healthcare, infrastructure development, and tech.
- Experience in current and emerging communications strategies and tactics.
- Ability to communicate key messages and narratives utilizing expertise with written collateral, social media, photo, web and/or video. (Please submit samples.)
- Strong interpersonal skills, organization, ability to coordinate/collaborate with diverse work styles and personalities.
- Working independently and managing multiple projects simultaneously, while also contributing to the office’s dynamic, collaborative environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, PR, video production or related field.
- At least three years of experience in journalism, PR or related field preferred.
- Computer skills (more is better), driver’s license/car, comfort navigating Southern California streets/freeways/communities.
- Messaging and communicating stories to support clients’ brands and initiatives using diverse platforms, including written collateral, social media, video, photography, and current and new web-based platforms.
- Writing everything from releases, features and brochures to talk points, speeches and web content.
- Use of photography/videography/social media to tell a story and/or support overall communications programs.
- Project Management and coordination/collaboration with clients and other team members.
- Functioning as a liaison to current and prospective clients.
- Attending and supporting meetings, open houses, and community events.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Hybrid part time remote, part time in our Claremont, CA office
To Apply: Send resume, work samples and a cover letter telling us why you want to work with us to firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you love visual storytelling? Are you passionate about helping audiences better understand their communities? Join our team of talented communications professionals working at the intersections of education, public affairs, infrastructure and industry.
VMA Communications is a 30-person public affairs/marcom firm with a reputation as a great place to work, grow and thrive—with room for advancement. We are seeking a Senior Associate who is creative, collaborative and has a strong work ethic to support communications programs for clients in a variety of industries, including education, healthcare, infrastructure development, and tech.
As a staff Videographer/Editor, working in collaboration with our team, you will be responsible for creating engaging videos and photos for web content, social media, marketing collateral and media release.
- Manage all aspects of video production and photography from concept development, research, coordination, and execution
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Develop strategic and comprehensive plans to create engaging video for web content, social media, and marketing collateral to collaboration with other team members
- Interview subjects on or off camera and provide guidance to non-actor talent to achieve strong on camera performances
- Ensure content is compelling, the highest-quality, follows the client’s voice, and is aligned with the client’s style guidelines
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1 year+ experience telling stories through videography, photography and editing
- Familiarity with current video equipment and specifications
- Fluent in Adobe suite including Premier, After Effects and Photoshop
- Highly organized, detail oriented, able to work in a fast-paced environment and to juggle multiple projects on tight deadlines
- Experience capturing drone photography and video
- Commensurate with experience and equipment package
- Insurance (Medical, Vision, Dental, Life)
- PTO (Paid Time off)
- Work with diverse, talented, committed, and supportive teammates
- Lots of opportunities to explore your own creativity
• Required – our office is based in Claremont, CA and our client base is in the LA and
Southern California area.
To apply: Send resume and work samples to email@example.com